- Fast, Easy and Convenient!
- No Appointment Necessary!
- Just pull-up to the Subaru City service drive today!
Emission Testing Hours (different from our normal service hours)
Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm
Saturday - No testing available
If you have any questions regarding having your vehicle emissions checked or registration renewed at Schlossmann's Subaru City, please call our Service department at 414-281-9100.
Tips For a Successful Vehicle Emissions Test
Please bring your vehicle to Subaru City
as soon as possible after receiving your test notice. If your vehicle is
rejected or fails the inspection, this will provide ample time to repair the
vehicle and have it re-inspected prior to license plate expiration.
Subaru City is closed on Sundays and some state holidays. If there is a question, please call ahead.
Prior To Arriving at the Subaru City:
- Please bring your vehicle's test notice with you to Subaru City.
- Make sure the vehicle brought in for testing matches the vehicle identified
on the test notice.
- If your 1996 or newer OBD-equipped vehicle has a covered or otherwise
obstructed diagnostic link connector (DLC), please open or remove the cover
(consult owner's manual for location and instructions), or remove the
obstruction prior to arriving at the test station.
- If your 1996 or newer OBD-equipped vehicle has recently been serviced, or if
the battery has been disconnected, please drive the vehicle for several days
before bringing it in for inspection.
- Ensure your vehicle is safe to operate. Your vehicle may be rejected if the
test cannot be safely conducted.
At Subaru City:
- When you arrive, leave the engine running
unless directed otherwise.
- Inform the service advisor when entering the test lane if the license plate number on the vehicle is different from the number on your test notice
Registration Renewal Services
If you can answer YES to the following conditions, you can get your new license plate stickers at Subaru City.
- Vehicle passed its emissions test
- Vehicle is an automobile with any registered plate type
- Vehicle is a light duty or heavy duty truck expiring annually
- Vehicle has no registration suspensions
- Vehicle's registration is not revoked.
You can still renew your plates at Subaru City even if you do not need a test! To renew, park in the parking lot. You will find a customer service representative available in the service department to help renew your registration. Please bring your registration renewal document.
There is a $10.00 processing fee in addition to your vehicle registration fee for this service. Please call us at 414-281-9100 for payment options.
For other registration options see the Wisconsin Department of Transportation site.
Registration Renewal Tests
If your vehcle fails the emissons inspection, and license plates are expiring, you would need to purchase a 30-day temporary license plate. They can be purchased either by mail, or in person at DMV Customer Service Centers or Wisconsin Vehicle Inspection Facilities (in the office area). There is a $3 charge for the temporary plates and an additional $5 counter fee if purchased at either a DMV center or test facility. A vehicle may be eligible for up to 3 temporary plates and some restrictions apply.
Change of Ownership Tests
If you recently purchased the vehicle and are nearing the end of the 45 day testing window, you would need to call the following number for a one-time 30 day extension: 1-866-OBD-TEST. There is no charge for this service.